Friday, January 16, 2015

All I Ever Wanted

I haven't written anything for a while, and  I don't know of too many people who read my blog, but frankly Scarlett... So about a month after my last post I found out I was pregnant, and my two very good friends got me through that terrible 9 months, my porcelain bowl and zofran ( I was one of the lucky ones whose morning sickness lasted all 9 months). A huge shout out goes to my husband who put up with all my bodily fluids, functions and hormone fluctuations. Then someone hit the fast forward button and before you know it, life went from this...
      
To This...
  
Then This!

My baby is now one and my life is changed forever. He's been walking / running for months, and nothing ever seems to be baby proofed enough. He can communicate with sign language and is repeating some of what we say so I have to edit myself. I'm no fowl mouth but I don't want him repeating how I say things, particularly when I'm mad. He doesn't ever sit still, wakes up at 4:30 some mornings, and makes me want to rip out my hair when he won't nap and all I want to do is shower. He also makes me laugh out loud on a daily basis and I swoon over his snuggles (when he holds still long enough to give me one). I may not particularly like a whole lot of other kids, but I am crazy about this guy. And my baby's daddy... He's amazing too! He is the best father, and can handle anything. On days where I just can't keep my eyes open, because I've been kicked in the head, my face has been crawled on and the roots of my hair have been in a baby death grip since 3 am, my wonderful man takes care of both of us. I love my little family, and I cherish it! So what's next for us you ask? Well... I'll tell you. Wes graduated last spring. Then we tried for law school, which didn't go the way we hoped, then police academy applications. Since all of the crazy recent events involving the police, we have decided to go in a different direction. Back to school! Wes plans to go back for his Masters this fall. So with me working my one shift a week, and him picking up odd jobs here and there, we are trying our best to hold things together till we can make it to student loans. We may be just getting by, but I feel so blessed. I thank God everyday for shelter from the cold, food, clothes, warm water, a car that works, and most importantly, my family.  What more do I really need?

No comments:

Post a Comment